Saturday, June 5, 2010

6.5.2010

Today is a day of moments. I looked across the dissipating clouds and knew
I was right where I needed to be. I sang my heart out. I made and shared music with people I love.

I am a lucky girl, and I always remember that it is the people in my life that bring me the greatest joy and allow moments of all sorts to happen.

And then I traded places with my daughter: she watched my performance this morning; I watched her tap this afternoon. Tears of pride, once again filling my eyes. Another moment, another milestone in her life is also a milestone in mine. 12 years old, and beginning to make her way more independently in this world, I marvel at her courage and laughter.

And in a quiet moment of evening, now alone with my thoughts, I look ahead to the next few hours and hope time will slow...ever so carefully, so that I may savor it before the next moment begins.

1 comment:

  1. ..... and we are lucky to have you in our lives. Thanks for sharing all of you, Renee.

    ReplyDelete