Thursday, October 14, 2010

10.14.2010

"I don't need you to follow in my footsteps," I tell her. 
"I need you to take your own steps."
This is all of the conversation she wants to hear, 
But it is enough.
Like the time I told her:
"Your greatest gift to me is for you to Love yourSelf."

And I tell her this because I fear that I don't love enough. 
Because I don't love myself enough. 
Because I can not be who I think I should be, 
and instead am working on Loving who I am.
and wishing everyone else could too.

Like the Yoko Ono wish tree in D.C.
That's what I wrote: Peace can only be found
                  Within
If each individual in this world Loved themSelves
well then, there would be no space for hate,
for fear,
for anger,
for jealousy.
These things would become obsolete.

Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment